Wednesday 2 March 2016

Braids and Plaits- Mohawk Braid



Mohawk Braid



Reference image:


Step by step:

I started this look by brushing the hair back. I then took a small section horizontally at the top of the head, where the hairline is and tied that top section with an elastic band. I then took another section on both sides of the head, making sure that the section goes upwards, horizontally again. I tied the two sections together with an elastic. I now had two little sections of hair. I divided the top section into two and lifted the bottom section and pinned it out of the way, on top of the top section. I than let the two sections of the original top section, that we divided into two hang down the middle. I continued by taking another two small upward sections from both sides of the head and tied them together with an elastic, including that little piece of hair from the previous section, that was hanging down the middle. So I combined those three section of hair together into a bigger section. This way I had two sections again: The one that we pinned out of the way at the beginning and this last section. I now divided that top section into two again and lifted the bottom part over the top of it and pinned it out of the way again. I let the two strands of hair hang down again in the middle and took two sections from the sides of the head again and combined them together for a new section. However this time (at the crown of the hair), instead of taking upwards sections from the sides of the head again, I took two sections across the head.

I carried on taking sections and lifting it over the top section until I reached the base of the neck. At this stage I had two ponytails again. I added an elastic to the top ponytail and pulled it down a little bit and made a hole in the middle. I then pulled the bottom ponytail through the hole. I repeated this process all the way down to the end of the hair. I secured the two strands together with an elastic.


























I then pulled out the hair, starting at the top of the head to make it look messier and more like a Mohawk braid.

The end result


























Youtube tutorial for this look:



Reference:

Available at: http://hair.allwomenstalk.com/fancy-braided-hairstyle-ideas-from-pinterest/41

(Accessed: 29 February 2016)
Available at: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Er8A63ZmEms&list=FLLy5Up_brgwApIP_XIiwPIA&index=5
(Accessed: 29 February 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment