Monday 29 February 2016

Braids and Plaits- Double Braid Ponytail

Double braid ponytail


Step by step:

I started this look by creating a parting at the back of the head, from ear to ear. I pinned the top section out of the way. I then secured the bottom section into a ponytail, using a bungee hair band and wrapped a small section of the hair around the hair band to hide it. I pinned down the ends, using a thin U shaped pin, making sure it's hidden inside the hair. I then braided this section of the hair and secured at the end with an elastic band.
I then moved on to the top section and repeated all these steps. So I had two plaits. I loosened the top part of the bottom plait to be able to pull through the top plait. Once I have done this I realised that I had to undo the bottom plait in order to braid them together. So next time I would probably start with the top section to make my life easier. Once I braided the two sections together, I secured the end with and elastic band and loosened the plait a little bit to make it a bit messier.

Conclusion:

Looking at the photos I am not entirely happy with the parting of the hair. I really don't like that big gap between the sections, but I figured it might just be the hair of my block:) If I was to do this look on a person I would definitely make sure to create a nice, clean parting.

The final look:




No comments:

Post a Comment