Friday 4 March 2016

Holly Fulton AW16 inspired look- Using gold leaf


Holly Fulton- Gold Leaf Makeup


It is quite clear that embellishments are a huge trend on the catwalks for AW16. It appears in all shapes and sizes. From Markus Lupfer to Holly Fulton, it was everywhere. So Holly decided to show us a demo for the Holly Fulton Gold Leaf look.

Inspiration photos:

Holly Fulton AW16 look
Holly Fulton makeup close up
Holly's demo:

Holly left the skin very flawless and fresh looking. She only powdered very lightly underneath the eyes and around the nose, keeping the rest of the face very dewy. She also used cream products for contouring for a more natural finish.
She than used water based mixing medium by MAC on the eyes for the gold leaf to stick to. Vaseline is also perfect for this. She placed pieces of gold leaf on top of the mixing medium. She used a brush to place the gold leaf on the eyes because gold leaf tends to stick to fingers straight away. To give the look a more cracked effect Holly used a buffing brush to break up the gold leaf. To finish off the look she applied black gel eyeliner on top of the gold leaf.























Practical:

Because I missed this lesson due to work experience, I had to create this look outside college hours. I just recreated the look on myself. After cleansing, toning and moisturising my skin, I applied a small amount of greenish-yellow concealer mixture from my Dermacolor palette on any redness on my skin. I really blended it into the skin. This was followed by a mixture of MAC Face & Body C3 and C4, which I also really buffed into the skin for a seamless finish. I concealed my under eye area with a mixture of shades D7 and D9 from my Dermacolor concealer palette. I then used a very small amount of MAC Full Coverage foundation in shade NW35 to very lightly contour underneath my cheekbones. I than powdered my skin but, only underneath my eyes, between my eyebrows and around the nose.
I then moved on to the eyes. I just applied a very thin coat of Vaseline for the gold leaf to stick to. Than, with a help of a brush I pressed pieces of gold leaf onto my eyelid and started breaking up the pieces with a blending brush for a more cracked effect. I finished off the look with a flick over the gold leaf, using Inglot Gel liner in shade black and two coats of MAC Haute&Naughty Too mascara.


And the end result:
























Product List:

  • Garnier micellar water
  • Superdrug Vitamin E serum
  • Embryollisse Moisturizer
  • Dermacolor concealers in shades D10 and D2
  • Dermacolor concealers in shades D7 and D9
  • MAC Face&Body foundations in shades C3 and C4
  • MAC Full Coverage foundation in shade NW35
  • Ben nye Translucent powder in shade Fair
  • Vaseline
  • Sheets of Gold Leaf
  • Inglot Gel eyeliner- Black
  • MAC Haute&Naughty Too Black Mascara

Reference:

Walker, J. (2016) Emerging LFW AW16 Beauty Trend: Embellishment [Online] Available at: http://www.elleuk.com/beauty/emerging-lfw-aw16-beauty-trend-embellishment-julien-macdonald-holly-fulton-backstage
(Accessed: 3 March 2016)

No comments:

Post a Comment