Wednesday 21 October 2015

About me

My name is Brigitta Balazs.

I am a HNC Production-Media Makeup student at West Thames College, London and also a freelance make-up artist with a keen interest in the beauty industry.

My passion for make-up comes from the artist in me. As an art student in secondary school I gained a variety of skills that benefits me in this industry, such as the context of how colours are used, a good knowledge of classical art, and appreciation of a broad spectrum of styles.
I also graduated from Ciara Daly's Make-Up Academy in Belfast, Northern Ireland in 2010. After completing this course I became very interested in the history of cosmetics and how the application has changed over the years.
After graduation I started working for beauty counters such as LancĂ´me, Dior and Chanel and this gave me experience working with a diverse range of people.
I also started freelancing that helped me gather valuable experience of working at fashion shows, photo shoots and weddings. As much as I love and enjoy doing any kind of make-up I have always been fascinated by film, television and theatrical make-up. Looking to broaden my experience in this industry made me apply for the HNC Media Make-Up course at West Thames.
My ambition is to learn the theatrical and media side of make-up artistry and special effects and to get into prosthetics- and mask-making.

I believe that this course will help me to make contacts and network, and enable me to pursue my dreams in my chosen field.



No comments:

Post a Comment