Wednesday 20 January 2016

Formative Practical Assessment- Hair

Recreating the Zac Posen SS15 Hair Style

After last week's Makeup Assessment, this week we had to recreate the hairstyle for our chosen catwalk look. For me it was the The Zac Posen SS15 look. The dewy skin-statement lips makeup combo was beautifully complimented by a wet-effect, slicked back hair look at the show. Here is my mood board for this hair look.
Mood Board for wet hair style

I started  off this look by spraying some Heat Protecting spray by Got2B through the length of the hair. I than straightened the whole hair working my way from the bottom layer to the top layer of the hair. Once the hair was straight and smooth, I created a deep side parting on dry hair. With the help of a tail-comb I applied a generous amount of L'Oreal Studio Indestructible Extreme Glue hair gel on the top of the hair and on both sides, making sure to only apply this product about half way through the hair but not on the lengths, as I wanted to leave the ends of the hair loose. This product helped me to create an ultra-glossy look. I than used a wide-tooth comb to brush the sides tight against the hair in an upward motion.
I clipped down the sides to help the hair to keep its position until the hair gel dries. Once the product dried I removed the clips. I combed the front section of the hair in an upward swoop to create a modern push wave. This was probably the most difficult part of the look, because the hair already had lots of product in it, which made the hair less manageable. I used the tail of a tail-comb to help me crate the push wave and to detail the look. I than dried the hair on low-setting to set the hair. I applied OGX Biotin & Collagen Oil Treatment on the lengths to add more shine to the ends of the hair. I sprayed the whole hair with hair spray and finished the look by spraying a generous amount of Shine Spray by Got2Be to make it look super-glossy and wet-looking.

And the final result:



























No comments:

Post a Comment